No7, driven by its culture of original thinking and continuous improvement has developed a radical aspheric front surface multifocal, which incorporates wavefront -controlled centre distance optics and also provides intermediate and reading power.
No7, driven by its culture of original thinking and continuous improvement has developed a radical aspheric front surface multifocal, which incorporates wavefront-controlled centre distance optics and also provides intermediate and reading power.
The power characteristics are defined by the front surface geometry alone, so the back surface can be of standard aspheric or spherical design. This makes it easy to fit existing GP wearers with the front surface multifocal.
Quasar FS is best fitted empirically using the patient’s spec Rx, required reading add and K readings. The ideal fit is the same as the single vision Quasar. This can be a toric back surface if required. The fluorescein fit should be
It is important that the lens sits central or slightly low on the patient’s cornea, this allows correct
As with all lenses, not every patient is suitable for all designs. To maintain confidence and a high success rate, avoid prescribing this lens to patients who present the following:
- Poor centration with the single vision diagnostic lens. The Quasar FS Multifocal lens will work best when centration is good. A high-riding lens or displaced lens will not allow the optics of the lens design to provide any reading addition.
- Cannot establish a satisfactory single vision diagnostic fit. If a patient cannot wear or use single vision rigid lenses, they are unlikely to be successful with the Multifocal design. The design has been developed to help you with the presbyopic lens population.
- Any corneal pathology present, i.e. keratoconus. A diseased cornea will not provide a stable platform, as a result, the patient will complain of variable vision or an unreliable reading add.
- Ideal for existing Quasar wearers
- Clear distance, intermediate and near vision
- Easy to fit
- High success rate
- True binocular vision
Long termpatient satisfaction
- Simulated fitting and ordering software available
Choice of lens materials
|7.00 to 8.60mm in 0.05 steps|
|Total Diameters||8.80, 9.20, 9.60, 10.00mm, custom range 8.80 to 10.50mm|
|BV Power Range||+25.00 to -25.00 in 0.25D steps|
|Add Powers||0.75 to 3.00D|
Meet every challenge with the Quasar range of RGP lenses. Range includes: Single Vision, Toric and Multifocal.
No7 Recommends - Ote Fine
All-in-one comfort solution for RGP contact lenses
Manufactured using the highest grade ingredients and exclusive to independent opticians, Oté Fine is the complete solution for all your RGP patients. Oté Fine is perfect for your EyeDream Ortho-k wearers too.
We have a dedicated technical support team, headed by Kevin, with decades of experience ready to help and advise you on any fitting issues. If you need support, please call:
Frequently Asked Questions
We’re here to help. If you can’t find the answer to your question, why not give us a call. Our offices are open Mon-Fri 9:00 – 17:30
Can I order these lenses empirically
How long will it take to manufacture lenses
What is the returns policy?
Don't Be Shy
Drop us a line anytime, and one of our customer service team will respond to you as soon as possible.