Lunelle Variations Toric
The Lunelle ES70 Variations Toric RX is a custom soft multifocal contact lens for all astigmatic refractive errors for presbyopic patients.
Thanks to a wide range of parameters and the unique properties of the ES70 material, Lunelle Variations offers optimal ocular adaptation. For patients, this means outstanding vision and excellent on-eye comfort throughout the day.
Lunelle Toric Variations RX lenses are available in two designs – TDE and TDI. Each design incorporates dynamic stabilisation.
Precision manufacturing with extremely fine tolerances allow for great flexibility when fitting and ordering Lunelle Toric lenses. This means you can create a lens that meets your patient’s exact needs.
Marked fitting lenses allow you to have a detailed, comprehensive understanding of fit before the final prescription lens is ordered.
|Lunelle Variations Toric RX TDE||Lunelle Variations Toric RX TDI|
The Lunelle Toric RX (TDE and TDI) are advanced toric prescription lenses manufactured in the ES70 material. Lunelle Toric RX Lenses offer:
- Outstanding ocular health thanks to reduced centre thickness – even at higher prescriptions
- A toric back surface
- High acid permeability
- Easy handling
- Slow drying speed
Base curve calculation for the first contact lens
We recommend you choose the diameter of the lens by adding 2.50 mm to the HVID.
- Diameter 14.30 mm = flattest K + 0.80 mm
- Diameter 15.00 mm = flattest K + 1.00 mm
Choosing between Lunelle Variations Toric RX TDI and TDE
- Delta K < 0.5 mm = TDE
- Delta K > 0.50 mm = TDI
- Cyl CL > Delta K = TDE
3 Progressive Power Profiles:
- A, B and C covering a range of additions from +0.50D to +2.75D
- Choose the add based on the required reading addition and age to ensure the optimum Progressive Power Profile for visual requirements and pupil size.
1. Insert the lens for between 30 minutes and 2 hours. Perform an over-refraction
2. Biomicroscopy (× 10 to 15) white light: observe the lens with patient looking straight ahead and during eye movement
3. Check mobility by assessing eyelid movement (Push up test).
4. The movement of the lens should be from 1 to 2 mm downwards
5. Check the appearance of the front optic zone: tear film, hydration, lubrication, deposit
6. Check keratometry on the contact lens: (deformation of the mires)
7. Check for corneal and conjunctival staining with fluorescein after lens removal
8. Order the definitive lens on the basis of the SN
|Correction type||Myopia, Hyperopia, Astigmatism|
|Total diameter||14.30mm and 15.00mm|
|Base curve||8.00 (14.00 Dia) / 8.30 (15.00 Dia) to 9.20 (14.00 Dia) / 9.50 (15.00 Dia) in 0.30 mm|
|Sphere||-30.00D to +30.00D in 0.25D|
|Cyl||-0.50 to -8.00 in 0.25D steps|
|Axis||0 – 180º in 1° steps|
|Add||A +1.37 / B +2.12 / C +2.87|
Through intensive trials and research, ES70 has been proven to be one of the safest soft lens materials available. ES70 is versatile too and can be effectively used for the correction of all types of visual defects.
Outstanding Oxygen Permeability
Material oxygen permeability is an important parameter to consider when fitting any contact lens. For soft lenses, material permeability is related to its water content. The higher the water content the lower the DK value.
However, while the ES70 material used for Lunelle lenses has a hydrophily of 70%, it simultaneously achieves a permeability (Dk) four times higher than that of HEMA and twice as high as that of a material with 55% hydrophily.
ES70 is a non-ionic material. This means Lunelle lenses are resistant to deposits. Fewer lens deposits means better visual quality, improved comfort and the optimisation of oxygen supply throughout the life of the lens.
70% Water Content
Outstanding Oxygen Permeability
Composed of Non-ionic Polymers
All Day Comfort
Great Vision Throughout the Day
All Lunelle lens designs enable good mobility. This allows an excellent flow of tears between the lens and the eye and ensures optimal ocular health. This 'pumping' effect also contributes to a higher oxygen supply. When this is combined with ES70s high water content the metabolism of the eye remains practically unaffected, so patients can enjoy great comfort and vision all day.
|PMMA||Robust and transparent|
|PVP||Ensures a stable water content|