Faced with an overwhelming choice of lens designs, materials and fitting techniques, today’s busy practitioners need a simple-to-fit, cost-effective RGP lens that delivers predictable results in the maximum number of patients, whether they’re new to RGP lens wear or accustomed wearers.
Enter ICON – the new lens that provides a reassuringly simple and convenient solution to your RGP fitting needs.
Now you can upgrade patients from older
The ideal option when you prefer to fit aspheric lenses rather than
- Fitting to the flattest keratometry reading will provide an acceptable first fit lens, regardless of corneal radius
- Produces a consistent fluorescein pattern under the central zone with approximate 0.5mm fluorescein band at the periphery. Movement of 1-2mm on blinking is ideal
- A flat fit (below)will show excessive movement and a fluorescein pattern demonstrating excessive peripheral standoff
- ICON designs maintain a CAT profile across the core lens powers. Outside the range (- 11.00 to +16.00D) ICON back surface design can be applied but this will fall outside the CAT design criteria
- A steep fit (below) will reveal fluorescein pooling under the lens centre, inadequate peripheral standoff and reduced lens movement
- Larger lens diameters usually deliver better lens stability and centration, so 9.80mm diameter lenses will be supplied unless otherwise stated or requested by the practitioner
Figure 1 – Flat Fit
Figure 2 – Steep Fit
Figure 3 – Optimal Fit
- Outstanding Comfort
- Healthy lens wear
- Clear vision
- Constant Average Profile (CAT) thickness
Boston EO and Boston XO as standard, all other materials upon request
|DK||XO=200, Range 6/EO=58, Range 3|
|Base curves||7.00-9.00mm in 0.05mm increments|
|Total Diameters||9.30 and 9.80mm on all powers|
|BV Power Range||-25.00 to +25.00D in.025 increments|
|Average Thickness||0.18mm on all powers|
No7 Recommends - Ote Fine
All-in-one comfort solution for RGP contact lenses
Manufactured using the highest grade ingredients and exclusive to independent opticians, Oté Fine is the complete solution for all your RGP patients. Oté Fine is perfect for your EyeDream Ortho-k wearers too.
We have a dedicated technical support team, headed by Kevin, with decades of experience ready to help and advise you on any fitting issues. If you need support, please call:
Frequently Asked Questions
We’re here to help. If you can’t find the answer to your question, why not give us a call. Our offices are open Mon-Fri 9:00 – 17:30
Can I order these lenses empirically
How long will it take to manufacture lenses
What is the returns policy?
Don't Be Shy
Drop us a line anytime, and one of our customer service team will respond to you as soon as possible.