Faced with an overwhelming choice of lens designs, materials and fitting techniques, today’s busy practitioners need a simple-to-fit, cost-effective RGP lens that delivers predictable results in the maximum number of patients, whether they’re new to RGP lens wear or accustomed wearers.
Enter ICON – the new lens that provides a reassuringly simple and convenient solution to your RGP fitting needs.
Now you can upgrade patients from older
The ideal option when you prefer to fit aspheric lenses rather than
- Fitting to the flattest keratometry reading will provide an acceptable first fit lens, regardless of corneal radius
- Produces a consistent fluorescein pattern under the central zone with approximate 0.5mm fluorescein band at the periphery. Movement of 1-2mm on blinking is ideal
- A flat fit (below)will show excessive movement and a fluorescein pattern demonstrating excessive peripheral standoff
- ICON designs maintain a CAT profile across the core lens powers. Outside the range (- 11.00 to +16.00D) ICON back surface design can be applied but this will fall outside the CAT design criteria
- A steep fit (below) will reveal fluorescein pooling under the lens centre, inadequate peripheral standoff and reduced lens movement
- Larger lens diameters usually deliver better lens stability and centration, so 9.80mm diameter lenses will be supplied unless otherwise stated or requested by the practitioner
Figure 1 – Flat Fit
Figure 2 – Steep Fit
Figure 3 – Optimal Fit
- Outstanding Comfort
- Healthy lens wear
- Clear vision
- Constant Average Profile (CAT) thickness
Boston EO and Boston XO as standard, all other materials upon request
|DK||XO=200, Range 6/EO=58, Range 3|
|Base curves||7.00-9.00mm in 0.05mm increments|
|Total Diameters||9.30 and 9.80mm on all powers|
|BV Power Range||-25.00 to +25.00D in.025 increments|
|Average Thickness||0.18mm across all minus powers|
Contact Lens Wear Without Compromise
Using breakthrough manufacturing technology, Tangible Hydra-PEG bonds a 40nm hydrophilic coating to the surface of specialist contact lenses, significantly increasing wettability and lubricity.
The result? Happy patients who can enjoy a life of comfortable contact lens wear free from compromise.
Tangible Hydra-PEG is available with all No7 GP lenses. Just ask our Customer Care team to add Tangible Hydra-PEG when you place your next order.
Perfect for all GP patients, Tangible Hydra-PEG offers:
Increased wearing times
Improved ocular health
Superior surface properties
Improved wearing experience
“Brilliant! I’ve gone from using eye drops 5 times a day to 0...”
Keratoconus RGP wearer | 50+ years
Research shows that 70% of patients prefer a Tangible Hydra-PEG coated lens to their habitual, uncoated lens.
End of day comfort
67% of patients said they prefer a lens coated with Tangible Hydra-PEG than uncoated.
Dry eye comfort
When asked about comfort, dry eye patients rated lenses coated with Tangible Hydra-PEG ‘8 out of 10’, compared to ‘3 out of 10’ for uncoated.
70% prefer a Tangible Hydra-PEG coated lens
No7 Recommends - Ote Fine
All-in-one comfort solution for RGP contact lenses
Manufactured using the highest grade ingredients and exclusive to independent opticians, Oté Fine is the complete solution for all your RGP patients. Oté Fine is perfect for your EyeDream Ortho-k wearers too.
We have a dedicated technical support team, headed by Kevin, with decades of experience ready to help and advise you on any fitting issues. If you need support, please call:
Frequently Asked Questions
We’re here to help. If you can’t find the answer to your question, why not give us a call. Our offices are open Mon-Fri 9:00 – 17:30
Can I order these lenses empirically
How long will it take to manufacture lenses
What is the returns policy?
We are pleased to help
Drop us a line anytime, and one of our customer service team will respond to you as soon as possible.